Wednesday, August 3, 2011

the learning curve

May I present to you the first of the teff sourdough loaves! This one was a
rush job (I was late for a movie and wanted a sandwich for dinner) and so,
did not have enough time to proof before getting its oven rise. I learned
from my incredible book of bread that this is why the cracks in the bread
are so huge.


Anyway, the sandwiches were fantastic, the whole loaf made 3 large
sandwiches, which is to say, there was a lot of food in that food. One side
had fresh pesto with basil from Serendipity Farms and a really nutty aged
goat cheese from Achadinha Cheese Company. The other had a tart cherry
apricot jam from We Love Jam. In the middle were thick slices of a chicken
I roasted from Soul Food Farm in Vacaville, and thin pieces of crispy lemon
cucumbers from Happy Boy Farms down South.

I did some reading this morning on proper uses of yeast and fermentation
sponges, so the experiments will keep coming as we approach bread day! Stay
tuned for some Milk breads and sponge breads, the next to go into the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment