Sunday, November 4, 2012

Spotlight on the pantry

This is my pantry. I've been stocking it for years now, with spices coming and going as I learn new things and forget old ones. When I moved away from home to start school, it was a shock to be pantryless, and ever since, I've strived to keep my shelves fully loaded! With a full arsenal of ingredients, you can make anything taste delicious. Here's a list of my pantry staples.


Flours and baking aids
The big 3! I use these flours in almost everything.
-sorghum flour
-millet flour
-arrowroot starch

Extras:
brown rice flour, sweet rice flour (makes the best tortillas for burritos!), corn masa (tacos and tamales), baking powder, xanthan and guar gums, kosher salt

Oils and Sweet things (pick your favorites)
coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup, agave, coconut oil, olive oil, non-GMO canola oil

Spices
for baking:
cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, cayenne pepper, cardamom

for cooking:
turmeric, fenugreek, paprika, sumac, whole coriander, cumin, mexican oregano, chipotle pepper

Seeds and Miscellany
black sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, buckwheat groats, gluten-free oats, quinoa flakes, cacao nibs, whole millet

No comments:

Post a Comment